Thursday, July 12, 2012

Baby, You're a Firework!

It's getting dangerously close to being too late to post about Independence Day, but I wanted to share Sylvia's first experience with fireworks.

First, though, some pictures!


So I made those. Not a good picture, but I had hoped to take some better ones after we got to the party. That did not happen. As we drove across Cedar Rapids, they all fell over. A few lost their frosting and I lost my temper. I'm sure that's shocking news to all of you, Katie getting really angry over something that doesn't really matter.

Luckily, I recovered and didn't ruin the day for everyone. At least, I think I didn't.


We were not expecting any water activities, but nothing was going to keep Sylvia out of that pool! She had a great time splashing around and making friends. I think she met everyone at the party whether they were willing or not.



We were hanging out with by brother-in-law's family. They have an awesome party every year. We've attended the last couple years, and it's always a great time.

Once the sun went down, it was time for fireworks!


Ooooooh


Ahhhhhh


Eeeeeee
(fireworks pics stolen from Al's niece, Breezy. Thanks!)

She didn't quite get the looking up thing at first, but after some help from Grandma, she was hooked. In fact, she wondered out loud why they would stop at all?


That gives you a good idea of how much she enjoyed them. But for people like my mom who'd like to see more, I'm including a couple extra videos. I love watching her face! Wouldn't you love to see fireworks for the very first time again?



No comments:

Post a Comment